Friday 22 May 2015

First blog, and a little bit to think about

Dear Readers,

This is my first attempt at blogging, so understandably i'm a tad nervous. Well, the idea of this blog is to give you a view into my incredibly interesting (mua ha ha) life and all the fantastic times i'm going to have...

Naa!! This is going to have realistic, although perhaps slightly critical, views behind the smiley selfies and perfect lives held by all those facebook friends... as well as other things too :). Such as work.

Anyway, I'm a student at Anglia Ruskin university currently just finishing my first year, so understandably I've now got a hand full of chewed nails and a constant ponytail as a result of pre-exam stress.

On Saturdays i work in Johnson's - it's not the best payed work in the country as they can always get new employees who'd probably do the work for less money just to have a job. Next month, however, is the most busy month in the year, which they've roped me into working - a solid month of working with irate (for no apparent reason) middle aged customers. One even had the nerve to sniff at me and say in a haughty manner (because i'd dyed bits of my hair blue) 'You don't look like Katy Perry' - not that that was the aim. Fun. Hence the urge to quit and say screw this sh*t is very attractive.

Another thing that's been a cause for concern with me is relationships. As a singleton, looking on at happy relationships is a lovely thing but it does spark the pang of jealousy in the wonder of ever finding someone like that for myself. I guess everyone at least possesses a small amount of disney princess romanticism which brings me nicely onto the next topic. Is romance a dying thing? Some people may look at this and immediately say no - as i did before being brutally dumped. However since that time, i've read a lot of articles and seen many things that could change one's mind. In my opinion, the modern era of relaxed relationships being more acceptable favours one kind of person, the kind that doesn't become emotionally involved with their 'partner' if you will. Since reading an eye-opening article on the increase in women choosing to be single mothers, it's raised a series of questions for me. Namely, why're these women single? Are men less inclined to want children? or have they just not found the right man?

Thought i'd leave you on a little note to consider.

Adios Amegos!

No comments:

Post a Comment